Saturday 6 February 2016

Clockwork Tales Of Glass and Ink (Xbox One) - Review

Clockwork Tales of Glass and Ink is available now on the Xbox One and is priced at £7.99.

Artifex Mundi have released another hidden object game onto home console following last years Nightmares from the Deep: The Cursed Heart. Clockwork Tales of Glass and Ink has been ported from mobile devices to Xbox One, so is it worth picking up for the big screen?

The good news is that Clockwork Tales of Glass and Ink is a lot better than Nightmares from the Deep, well in my opinion anyway. Graphics are hand-drawn and quite beautiful, but the voice acting is still amongst the cheesiest I've ever heard. 

The controls in Clockwork Tales of Glass and Ink work much better than they did in Nightmares from the Deep. Don't get me wrong, they're still not perfect and I still had a few moments where I was clearly clicking on what was needed but getting the big red circle. Even though this game does feature a lot of hidden object scenes, the story is not solely propelled by these scenes. The game is an albeit very simple point-and-click adventure with some light puzzle elements. Even going straight in on Expert difficulty it posed little in the way of challenge and was completed well within 5 hours. This is probably my biggest criticism of this game, it definitely errs on the side of too simple. 

The story is better too, marginally anyway. You must first save Dr Ink and then the world (obviously) from Gerhard Barber and his big machine. There are some collectable bugs along the way too, with achievements for collecting all of the bugs in each area. It's an easy game to max out the achievements on, although I haven't done this myself yet due to missing a couple of bugs :(

I still think the price is a little high, despite enjoying my time with the game. I think it'd have been better priced around the £5.59 mark we have seen other games release at. If you're dying for some point-and-click, hidden object adventures then pick it up by all means, but if you have a little patience wait for a sale.  

6/10 TRY IT!
A code was provided for the purpose of this review. 

No comments:

Post a Comment